Joint Replacement Surgery Specialties
Choosing to undergo joint replacement surgery is no small decision. This surgical procedure can replace damaged or diseased parts of a joint with new, man-made parts. These are often made of plastic, metal, or ceramic. Hip and knee joint replacements are the most common, however other joints such as the shoulder, elbow, wrist, or ankle can also be considered in some cases.
Your orthopedic surgeon may recommend joint replacement to relieve pain and increase your mobility. Joint replacement surgery is typically recommended after nonsurgical treatments, such as physical therapy, have been attempted. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will help you to understand your joint recovery and replacement options.
Joint Replacement Surgery Options
Surgical joint replacement options may include a partial or total joint replacement. It can also involve revisions to an existing or older replacement. In some cases, arthroscopy can be considered as a minimally invasive technique. Arthroscopy offers many benefits including increased visibility, decreased incision size resulting in less trauma to the skin and soft tissues, less swelling and pain, and in most cases a faster healing time. Postsurgical care for both open and arthroscopy includes pain management and physical therapy to regain strength and movement.
Our team will guide you through your options and provide both the compassionate care and technical expertise that can only be found at a practice with specialty-trained joint replacement physicians. Our orthopedic surgeons have extensive experience in shoulder, hip, and knee joint replacement surgery, including:
Related ProvidersAll Joint Replacement ProvidersView Providers
Related ConditionsAll Joint Replacement ConditionsView Conditions
Related TreatmentsAll Joint Replacement TreatmentsView Treatments
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.