Joint Replacement Surgery Specialties
Choosing to undergo joint replacement surgery is no small decision. This surgical procedure can replace damaged or diseased parts of a joint with new, man-made parts. These are often made of plastic, metal, or ceramic. Hip and knee joint replacements are the most common, however other joints such as the shoulder, elbow, wrist, or ankle can also be considered in some cases.
Your orthopedic surgeon may recommend joint replacement to relieve pain and increase your mobility. Joint replacement surgery is typically recommended after nonsurgical treatments, such as physical therapy, have been attempted. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will help you to understand your joint recovery and replacement options.
Joint Replacement Surgery Options
Surgical joint replacement options may include a partial or total joint replacement. It can also involve revisions to an existing or older replacement. In some cases, arthroscopy can be considered as a minimally invasive technique. Arthroscopy offers many benefits including increased visibility, decreased incision size resulting in less trauma to the skin and soft tissues, less swelling and pain, and in most cases a faster healing time. Postsurgical care for both open and arthroscopy includes pain management and physical therapy to regain strength and movement.
Our team will guide you through your options and provide both the compassionate care and technical expertise that can only be found at a practice with specialty-trained joint replacement physicians. Our orthopedic surgeons have extensive experience in shoulder, hip, and knee joint replacement surgery, including:
Related ProvidersAll Joint Replacement ProvidersView Providers
Related ConditionsAll Joint Replacement ConditionsView Conditions
Related TreatmentsAll Joint Replacement TreatmentsView Treatments
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!