Joint Replacement Surgery Specialties
Choosing to undergo joint replacement surgery is no small decision. This surgical procedure can replace damaged or diseased parts of a joint with new, man-made parts. These are often made of plastic, metal, or ceramic. Hip and knee joint replacements are the most common, however other joints such as the shoulder, elbow, wrist, or ankle can also be considered in some cases.
Your orthopedic surgeon may recommend joint replacement to relieve pain and increase your mobility. Joint replacement surgery is typically recommended after nonsurgical treatments, such as physical therapy, have been attempted. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will help you to understand your joint recovery and replacement options.
Joint Replacement Surgery Options
Surgical joint replacement options may include a partial or total joint replacement. It can also involve revisions to an existing or older replacement. In some cases, arthroscopy can be considered as a minimally invasive technique. Arthroscopy offers many benefits including increased visibility, decreased incision size resulting in less trauma to the skin and soft tissues, less swelling and pain, and in most cases a faster healing time. Postsurgical care for both open and arthroscopy includes pain management and physical therapy to regain strength and movement.
Our team will guide you through your options and provide both the compassionate care and technical expertise that can only be found at a practice with specialty-trained joint replacement physicians. Our orthopedic surgeons have extensive experience in shoulder, hip, and knee joint replacement surgery, including:
Related ProvidersAll Joint Replacement ProvidersView Providers
Related ConditionsAll Joint Replacement ConditionsView Conditions
Related TreatmentsAll Joint Replacement TreatmentsView Treatments
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!