Therapy at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster
Your best recovery and outcome are our priorities at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster. Our expert team of physical therapists and hand therapists has advanced, specialized training specifically in orthopedic injuries and postoperative needs. They work with you and your doctor to create a program to help you heal, find relief, and feel stronger.
Specialized Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can be a powerful part of recovering your strength and mobility after surgery or if you suffer from a degenerating condition. At Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, our team of highly trained physical therapists has achieved unsurpassed results using a personalized approach to recovery.
We understand that your injury or condition and symptoms are unique. Our physical therapists and doctors work together to develop a program tailored to meet your individual needs, including your level of pain, general health, physical abilities, and goals for recovery. Our goal is to return you to your optimal level of functioning as quickly and safely as possible.
Conditions Treated by Physical Therapy
Physical therapy at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster is available for all ages and activity levels. Our physical therapy programs can support the recovery of many injuries and treatments. In some cases, a successful physical therapy program can even eliminate the need for surgical repair.
Common conditions treated with physical therapy can include:
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- Chronic and acute tendonitis
- Knee and shoulder osteoarthritis
- Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Rotator cuff tears
- ACL tears
- Meniscus tears of the knee
- Labral tears of the hip and shoulder
- Postoperative diagnoses
- Throwing and overhead injuries
- Sports injuries
- Work injuries
Physical Therapy Plans
Our physical therapy facilities at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster include a state-of-the-art gym with equipment uniquely designed for the rehabilitation of both athletes and nonathletes.
Physical therapy is available at each of our locations, with early morning and evening hours available for your convenience.
Your physical therapy plan may include one or more of the following services:
- Manual therapy techniques, including Graston Technique®, transverse friction massage, joint mobilization, and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation techniques
- Customized therapeutic exercise programs
- Gait, balance, and plyometric training programs
- Sports medicine techniques specialized for knee and shoulder diagnoses
- McConnell and Kinesio Taping® techniques
- Custom-molded foot orthotics
- ACL prevention and upper extremity overhead performance enhancement programs
- Anti-inflammatory techniques such as iontophoresis, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and vasopneumatic compression
Our Physical Therapists
Specialized Hand Therapy
Your hands, wrists, arms, and shoulders provide strength and range of motion that you use every day. If you suffer from an injury or condition that affects that movement, you may lose the ability to engage in your favorite activities, feel that you are under-functioning at work and, in some cases, lose the fine motor skills necessary to perform daily tasks such as picking up your child or carrying a bag of groceries. Our hand therapy team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster understands how devastating these situations can be. Our certified hand therapists will guide you through a comprehensive recovery plan to help you regain your life.
Hand Therapy Treatments
When you enter the Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster Hand Center, you immediately notice our patient-centered team approach. Our hand therapists, doctors, and care team work closely together to provide an individualized plan to meet the specific needs of your diagnosis and lifestyle.
Hand therapy treatments are designed to regain strength, increase function, and improve dexterity as well as quality of life. This includes joint mobilization and manual therapy techniques, strengthening, and a customized home exercise program. Additional customized therapies are included depending on your symptoms and condition.
Hand therapy treatments at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster include:
- Modalities aimed at reducing pain and edema
- Custom-fabricated splints and serial casting designed to mobilize stiff joints, rest painful or swollen joints, and protect injured structures
- Individualized strengthening, flexibility, and range of motion programs
- Sensory reeducation
- Muscle reeducation
- Specialized wound care and scar treatment
- Edema management
- Manual therapy techniques aimed at motor reeducation and improving motion
Injuries & Conditions Treated With Hand Therapy
Our certified hand therapists at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster have met rigorous national standards established by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission. This extensive training allows them to expertly care for the delicate network of tendons, ligaments, muscles, blood vessels, and nerve endings that make up your hands, wrists, elbows, arms, and shoulders. They have proudly earned a reputation for providing superior evaluation and treatment of a variety of injuries or conditions that can be treated with hand therapy. These include:
- Arthritis and joint replacements
- Amputation and replantation
- Repetitive stress injuries (i.e., carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, stenosing tenosynovitis/trigger finger, etc.)
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Fractures and dislocations
- Ligament tears and instability
- Nerve compression or traumatic injuries
- Repetitive strain conditions
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder conditions
- Tendon injuries
- Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Work injuries/workers’ compensation injuries
Whether you are suffering from a work or sports jury, traumatic accident, or degenerative condition, our hand therapy team can help. Contact us to learn more about hand therapy at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster and begin your path to recovery.