Christopher C. Cooke, M.D.
Dr. Cooke is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who practices general orthopedics. Fellowship trained in Total Joint Reconstruction at the Rothman Institute, he specializes in revisions of failed total joints.
After growing up in Lancaster, Dr. Cooke trained in Philadelphia and Miami. He was thrilled to return to his hometown to work in the practice his father, Dr. Alfred J. Cooke, Jr. started more than 40 years ago.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Cooke loves to spend time with his family. Dr. Cooke is anxious to meet you and help you feel your best again.
- Fractures & Sprains
- Neck & Back
- Work Injuries
- Undergraduate Education: St. Lawrence University, Canton, New York
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internship: General Surgery, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Fellowship: Total Joint Reconstruction, Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Hecht PJ, Gibbons MJ, Wapner KL, Cooke CC, Hoisington SA. Arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint to salvage failed silicon implant arthroplasty. Foot & Ankle International.
- Cooke CC, Hozack W, Lavernia C, et al. Early failure mechanisms of constrained tripolar acetabular sockets used in revision total hip arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty Oct 2003, 18(7) p827-33
- Lavernia CJ, Moreyra CE, Cooke, CC. Late vascular injury following intertrochanteric fracture reduction with sliding hip screw. Journal of Surgical Orthopaedic Advances Fall 2004 volume 13 Number 3 p 170-173
- Cooke CC, Lavernia, CJ, Hernandez RA, Sierra RJ, Rossi MD. Neurovascular Injuries in Acetabular Reconstruction Cage Surgery.Journal of Arthroplasty, Volume 22, No. 1, 2007
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.