Golfer’s elbow, also known as medial epicondylitis, is a painful form of elbow tendonitis. While common among golfers, you don’t need to be a regular on the green to be affected by this condition. Repetitive elbow movements used when playing tennis. baseball, bowling, or with some occupations – such as those who paint or use a hammer often – may be at risk.
Golfer’s elbow typically stems from overuse of the tendons located in the inner elbow. These tendons are responsible for gripping, wrist flexion, and arm rotation. Overtime the tendon may tear and breakdown resulting in pain and swelling.
Pain from Golfer’s elbow is typically felt at the inside of the elbow and may extend into the forearm, wrist, and small finger. If you are experiencing elbow pain schedule an appointment for an orthopedic evaluation.
- Pain, tenderness, or stiffness on the interior side of the elbow that may extend to the wrist and small finger
- Numbness or tingling in the interior side of the elbow that may extend to the wrist and small finger.
- Weakened grip and weakness in the wrist
- Repetitive movement in the arm, elbow, and wrist used when swinging, throwing, lifting, or pulling
- Sports injuries associated with golfing, bowling, playing baseball, or rowing
- Occupational tasks that require repetitive elbow movement such as hammering, painting, or raking
- Playing sports that involve repetitive elbow and wrist movement
- Occupations that require repetitive elbow and wrist movement
- Excess weight
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.