Total Knee Replacement
Total knee replacement surgery is safe, reliable and durable. Knee problems can occur from injury, aging, “wear and tear,” or disease, such as arthritis. Arthritis causes joint pain, stiffness, and swelling affecting cartilage in the knee joint. Cartilage is a very tough, shock absorbing material that covers the ends of many of our bones. Arthritis can cause the cartilage to wear away. Loss of the protective lining can cause painful bone on bone rubbing.
In a total or partial knee replacement procedure, the surgeon will remove your damaged cartilage and bone and replace it with new metal or plastic joint surfaces. This type of surgery is highly successful and is one of the best options for treating arthritis. Technological advances have made this surgery safer and more reliable, and recovery has become much easier for patients.
No one needs to live with knee pain. Knee replacement may be an option when nonsurgical treatment has failed to provide knee pain relief.
- Pain during activity
- Pain that interrupts sleep
- Knee Instability
- Limited knee movement
- Lifestyle limitations
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.