Total Knee Replacement
Total knee replacement surgery is safe, reliable and durable. Knee problems can occur from injury, aging, “wear and tear,” or disease, such as arthritis. Arthritis causes joint pain, stiffness, and swelling affecting cartilage in the knee joint. Cartilage is a very tough, shock absorbing material that covers the ends of many of our bones. Arthritis can cause the cartilage to wear away. Loss of the protective lining can cause painful bone on bone rubbing.
In a total or partial knee replacement procedure, the surgeon will remove your damaged cartilage and bone and replace it with new metal or plastic joint surfaces. This type of surgery is highly successful and is one of the best options for treating arthritis. Technological advances have made this surgery safer and more reliable, and recovery has become much easier for patients.
No one needs to live with knee pain. Knee replacement may be an option when nonsurgical treatment has failed to provide knee pain relief.
- Pain during activity
- Pain that interrupts sleep
- Knee Instability
- Limited knee movement
- Lifestyle limitations
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.