Total Hip Replacement
Total hip replacement is surgery to replace a worn-out or damaged hip joint. The orthopedic surgeon replaces the old joint with an artificial joint. The most common cause of chronic hip pain and disability is arthritis. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and traumatic arthritis are the most common forms of this disease. The goal of hip replacement surgery is to replace the parts of the hip that have been damaged and to relieve day to day pain.
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster’s team of expert hip surgeons will replace the diseased portion of the hip joint (the damaged cartilage and part of the bone underneath) with a replacement prosthesis to relieve your pain and make your joint work better.
New hip joints usually last 15 to 20 years for around 95 percent of patients who have a total joint replacement procedure to relieve the pain from hip arthritis.
If you are considering hip replacement, review all of the options, including the benefits and risks of each, with your provider.
- Severe dull and aching pain
- Pain in hip, groin, thigh, buttock, and sometimes in the knee
- Pain may occur while moving or resting
- Pain keeps you awake at night
- Stiffness in hip
- Difficulty moving or lifting leg
- Limit everyday activities, including walking, stair climbing, and bending
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.