Total Hip Replacement
Total hip replacement is surgery to replace a worn-out or damaged hip joint. The orthopedic surgeon replaces the old joint with an artificial joint. The most common cause of chronic hip pain and disability is arthritis. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and traumatic arthritis are the most common forms of this disease. The goal of hip replacement surgery is to replace the parts of the hip that have been damaged and to relieve day to day pain.
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster’s team of expert hip surgeons will replace the diseased portion of the hip joint (the damaged cartilage and part of the bone underneath) with a replacement prosthesis to relieve your pain and make your joint work better.
New hip joints usually last 15 to 20 years for around 95 percent of patients who have a total joint replacement procedure to relieve the pain from hip arthritis.
If you are considering hip replacement, review all of the options, including the benefits and risks of each, with your provider.
- Severe dull and aching pain
- Pain in hip, groin, thigh, buttock, and sometimes in the knee
- Pain may occur while moving or resting
- Pain keeps you awake at night
- Stiffness in hip
- Difficulty moving or lifting leg
- Limit everyday activities, including walking, stair climbing, and bending
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.