Spinal Cord Stimulation
Spinal cord stimulation is a pain-relieving treatment for chronic back pain. Spinal cord stimulation can be useful for some people that have failed other forms of treatment. The stimulator is a small device that is surgically placed beneath the skin. It sends signals to the brain that block pain signals. The spinal cord stimulator does not fix or treat the source of pain, but it provides enough pain relief for some people that they can participate in their favorite activities again.
You will participate in a trial period of the spinal cord stimulator to determine if it is an effective pain relief solution for you. During a short outpatient procedure, the wires of the device are positioned under your skin. You will carry the device on the outside of your body in a similar manner as a cell phone. Your doctor will preset the device to deliver the best pain relief possible.
- Chronic back or neck pain, especially with failed surgery
- Inflamed or scarred spinal nerve coverings (Arachnoiditis)
- Pain & burning sensation from peripheral nerve injury (Causalgia)
- Constant burning pain in legs from abnormal nerves (Peripheral Neuropathy)
- Constant burning pain from progressive nervous system disease (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.