Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
Platelet rich plasma, or PRP, is considered one aspect of regenerative medicine used to treat a variety of orthopedic conditions. A platelet rich plasma injection is created by taking your own blood then spinning it in a centrifuge to separate it into packed red blood cells and plasma. The plasma is platelet-rich, which contains growth factors that are thought to decrease inflammation, help alleviate pain, and stimulate the healing process. The platelet rich plasma is injected directly into the area of concern such as a muscle, tendon, or ligament.
PRP may be beneficial for those experiencing pain from conditions such as tennis elbow, runner’s knee, a rotator cuff tear, or after ACL surgery among many others. PRP has become a popular treatment among sports injuries but the benefits can extend to anyone.
Platelet rich plasma injections are a part of our comprehensive care available at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster. From on-site diagnostics to surgery or physical therapy, our goal is to help you with a fast and comfortable recovery.
- A physical examination will be made to evaluate your overall health.
- Physical examination
- Bloodwork to initiate process
- Your own blood will be spun in a centrifuge to separate plasma then injected into the site of the condition
PRP injections have been associated with very little risk factors because the processes use your own blood.
Full benefits of PRP will occur gradually over time. Depending on the severity of your condition you may benefit from multiple injections.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.