Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
Platelet rich plasma, or PRP, is considered one aspect of regenerative medicine used to treat a variety of orthopedic conditions. A platelet rich plasma injection is created by taking your own blood then spinning it in a centrifuge to separate it into packed red blood cells and plasma. The plasma is platelet-rich, which contains growth factors that are thought to decrease inflammation, help alleviate pain, and stimulate the healing process. The platelet rich plasma is injected directly into the area of concern such as a muscle, tendon, or ligament.
PRP may be beneficial for those experiencing pain from conditions such as tennis elbow, runner’s knee, a rotator cuff tear, or after ACL surgery among many others. PRP has become a popular treatment among sports injuries but the benefits can extend to anyone.
Platelet rich plasma injections are a part of our comprehensive care available at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster. From on-site diagnostics to surgery or physical therapy, our goal is to help you with a fast and comfortable recovery.
- A physical examination will be made to evaluate your overall health.
- Physical examination
- Bloodwork to initiate process
- Your own blood will be spun in a centrifuge to separate plasma then injected into the site of the condition
PRP injections have been associated with very little risk factors because the processes use your own blood.
Full benefits of PRP will occur gradually over time. Depending on the severity of your condition you may benefit from multiple injections.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.