Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
A partial knee replacement is a surgery where an orthopedic surgeon will replace only part of a painful, dysfunctional knee joint. Osteoarthritis of the knee causes the cartilage that protects the surface of the bone to wear away. This damage to the knee joint can be localized to a specific portion of the knee – inner, outer, or the space between the kneecap and thigh bone. If two or more portions of the knee are affected, it is usually best to proceed with a total knee replacement. When the damage is contained to only the one compartment, a partial knee replacement may be an option.
During a partial knee replacement, only the damaged area of bone is replaced allowing the remaining healthy bones and ligaments to be preserved. Replacement typically involves metal and plastic implants that mirror the structure and movement of the natural bone and cartilage.
In most instances, a partial knee replacement provides a shorter healing time and less postsurgical pain when compared to a full knee replacement. After your surgery, our team will work with you to develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management on-site at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster.
Schedule a consultation with one of our surgeons at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster to help determine if you are a candidate for a partial knee replacement.
Types of Treatment:
- Replacement of lost or damaged articular cartilage caused by osteoarthritis of the knee
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Christopher C. Cooke, M.D.
Gregory A. Tocks, D.O.
Joel A. Horning, M.D.
John C. Rodgers, M.D.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.