Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
A partial knee replacement is a surgery where an orthopedic surgeon will replace only part of a painful, dysfunctional knee joint. Osteoarthritis of the knee causes the cartilage that protects the surface of the bone to wear away. This damage to the knee joint can be localized to a specific portion of the knee – inner, outer, or the space between the kneecap and thigh bone. If two or more portions of the knee are affected, it is usually best to proceed with a total knee replacement. When the damage is contained to only the one compartment, a partial knee replacement may be an option.
During a partial knee replacement, only the damaged area of bone is replaced allowing the remaining healthy bones and ligaments to be preserved. Replacement typically involves metal and plastic implants that mirror the structure and movement of the natural bone and cartilage.
In most instances, a partial knee replacement provides a shorter healing time and less postsurgical pain when compared to a full knee replacement. After your surgery, our team will work with you to develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management on-site at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster.
Schedule a consultation with one of our surgeons at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster to help determine if you are a candidate for a partial knee replacement.
Types of Treatment:
- Replacement of lost or damaged articular cartilage caused by osteoarthritis of the knee
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.