Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
A partial knee replacement is a surgery where an orthopedic surgeon will replace only part of a painful, dysfunctional knee joint. Osteoarthritis of the knee causes the cartilage that protects the surface of the bone to wear away. This damage to the knee joint can be localized to a specific portion of the knee – inner, outer, or the space between the kneecap and thigh bone. If two or more portions of the knee are affected, it is usually best to proceed with a total knee replacement. When the damage is contained to only the one compartment, a partial knee replacement may be an option.
During a partial knee replacement, only the damaged area of bone is replaced allowing the remaining healthy bones and ligaments to be preserved. Replacement typically involves metal and plastic implants that mirror the structure and movement of the natural bone and cartilage.
In most instances, a partial knee replacement provides a shorter healing time and less postsurgical pain when compared to a full knee replacement. After your surgery, our team will work with you to develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management on-site at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster.
Schedule a consultation with one of our surgeons at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster to help determine if you are a candidate for a partial knee replacement.
Types of Treatment:
- Replacement of lost or damaged articular cartilage caused by osteoarthritis of the knee
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.