Pain Management Therapies
Pain is a very common reason to seek medical care. Pain is experienced differently by every individual person. In turn, there is no single treatment that is successful for everyone. Because of this, we believe a personalized pain management plan is necessary to deliver fast and lasting pain relief.
Pain may be felt in different ways such as sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing sensations. It can cause sleep disruptions, missed work, and it may prevent you from enjoying your favorite activities.
Pain management can be divided into five main categories: pharmacologic, physical rehabilitation, behavioral health, neuromodulation, and interventional. Some patients will only need therapies from one category, while others may need a combination of multiple categories. You may need to try a few different treatments before finding one that works best for you.
Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster was the first orthopedic group in Lancaster County and Lebanon County to offer pain management services with a physician fellowship-trained in physical medicine, rehabilitation, and interventional pain management. This allows us to quickly diagnose the source of your pain and develop a personalized pain management program so you can return to the life you enjoy – pain free. Schedule an evaluation with our pain management team to learn more.
Types of Treatment:
- Anti-inflammatory and other non-narcotic medications
- Heating or cooling therapy
- Topical sensory creams
- Relaxation techniques
- Massage therapy
- Physical therapy
- Injections with anti-inflammatory or numbing medications
- Devices that alter nerve signal
- Chiropractic manipulation
- Nerve blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Surgery may be recommended in some cases
- Chronic pain
- Nerve pain
- Chronic back pain
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!