Minimally-Invasive Knee Replacement
Minimally invasive knee replacements are performed to alleviate chronic knee pain due to arthritis. The surgery requires the cutting of soft tissue and bone to implant prosthetic knee joint components. Minimally invasive knee replacement uses a smaller skin incision and tends to require less cutting of other soft tissue, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments. This allows for an easier recovery and provide equal or better long-term results.
Minimally invasive total knee replacement is not suitable for all patients. Your provider will conduct a comprehensive evaluation and consider several factors before determining if the procedure is an option for you.
Candidates for this procedure are generally younger, healthier, and more motivated to complete and participate in rehabilitation process.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!