Knee revision surgery involves replacing or removing a partial or total knee implant with a new implant. Revision surgery is based on several issues, the implant may have become loose, worn or infected. As the replacement fails you may experience a limp, stiffness and pain, or instability. With regular x-rays your provider can see the change in the position or condition of the implants.
Revision knee replacement is a major surgery. Performing a replacement surgery can be much more complicated the second time in the joint. Over time, scar tissue, bone loss, and instability can all contribute to making a repeat surgery a much more difficult treatment.
Most Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster patients who have knee revision surgery have little or no pain, improved function, and a better quality of life. After recovery, most patients who have hip revision surgery are satisfied with their improved quality of life.
- Failed knee replacement from loosening or infection
- Malalignement of knee replacement
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!