Epidural Steroid Injections
Pain from inflamed spinal nerves can be debilitating. Epidural steroid injections may be an option to treat pain and inflammation. This injection commonly contains a corticosteroid and a local anesthetic and is injected into the space surrounding the sac that contains the spinal nerves and spinal cord. The corticosteroid has a potent anti-inflammatory effect which helps treat the pain and improve function. The local anesthetic is sometimes added to provide temporary immediate pain relief. There are three major methods for injection: the interlaminar, caudal, and transforaminal approaches. All three approaches require the use of x-ray guidance for placement of the needle. Prior to injection of the steroid, contrast dye is typically used to confirm that the medication is in the desired location of the spine. Epidural steroid injections can be used to treat severe neck, back, leg, and arm pain associated with inflamed spinal nerves. Pain relief is typically felt two to seven days after the injection although this may vary.
Our pain management physicians at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster understand that the symptoms of your pain are unique. Because of this, we believe a personalized treatment plan is necessary to deliver fast and lasting pain relief. Our pain management approach is designed to help you get back to the life you enjoy as soon as possible.
Types of Treatment:
- Relief of severe neck, back, leg, and arm pain associated with inflamed spinal nerves. Common causes of pain include degenerative disc disease, herniated or bulging discs, sciatica, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis.
- For those who experience significant benefit, injections may be safely repeated to maintain the improvements at appropriate intervals
- Bulging Disc
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!