Anterior Hip Replacement
Anterior hip replacement refers to the surgery performed from in front of the hip. The hip joint is deep within the body at the junction of the pelvis and the top of the thigh bone. All hip replacements require your surgeon to replace the top of the thigh bone and the socket of the pelvis.
Using the anterior approach may allow your provider to do the surgery through a smaller surgical incision. The cut is in the front of the hip rather than in the side or back, like in traditional hip replacements. Having your surgery done this way may have other advantages: less muscle pain & trauma, easier, faster recovery and decreased chance of hip dislocations.
The purpose of most hip replacements is to treat pain and damage from arthritis. In osteoarthritis, long-term wear-and-tear damages the joint. In rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation causes pain, swelling, stiffness, and tissue damage.
Before considering hip replacement your provider may recommend other treatments such as medication for pain, walking aids or physical therapy. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will work with you to development a recovery plan that includes postsurgical physical therapy and pain management.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!