Anterior Hip Replacement
Anterior hip replacement refers to the surgery performed from in front of the hip. The hip joint is deep within the body at the junction of the pelvis and the top of the thigh bone. All hip replacements require your surgeon to replace the top of the thigh bone and the socket of the pelvis.
Using the anterior approach may allow your provider to do the surgery through a smaller surgical incision. The cut is in the front of the hip rather than in the side or back, like in traditional hip replacements. Having your surgery done this way may have other advantages: less muscle pain & trauma, easier, faster recovery and decreased chance of hip dislocations.
The purpose of most hip replacements is to treat pain and damage from arthritis. In osteoarthritis, long-term wear-and-tear damages the joint. In rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation causes pain, swelling, stiffness, and tissue damage.
Before considering hip replacement your provider may recommend other treatments such as medication for pain, walking aids or physical therapy. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will work with you to development a recovery plan that includes postsurgical physical therapy and pain management.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!