Anterior Hip Replacement
Anterior hip replacement refers to the surgery performed from in front of the hip. The hip joint is deep within the body at the junction of the pelvis and the top of the thigh bone. All hip replacements require your surgeon to replace the top of the thigh bone and the socket of the pelvis.
Using the anterior approach may allow your provider to do the surgery through a smaller surgical incision. The cut is in the front of the hip rather than in the side or back, like in traditional hip replacements. Having your surgery done this way may have other advantages: less muscle pain & trauma, easier, faster recovery and decreased chance of hip dislocations.
The purpose of most hip replacements is to treat pain and damage from arthritis. In osteoarthritis, long-term wear-and-tear damages the joint. In rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation causes pain, swelling, stiffness, and tissue damage.
Before considering hip replacement your provider may recommend other treatments such as medication for pain, walking aids or physical therapy. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will work with you to development a recovery plan that includes postsurgical physical therapy and pain management.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!