Sports Medicine Specialties
On the field and on the court, your body is working hard as you run, jump, and outperform your competition. This level of intensity means even the most elite athletes are susceptible to injury. Since 1972, our sports medicine team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, has been training and treating professional, student, and weekend athletes in Lancaster and throughout Central Pennsylvania. Our expert team includes fellowship trained orthopedic sports medicine physicians and certified athletic trainers. Using the latest innovations in sports medicine, our goal is to keep you active and get you back in the game.
We have been the exclusive orthopedic sports medicine providers to some of the region’s most accomplished and recognized sports teams including the Lancaster Barnstormers. We are also passionate about teaching and protecting the rising athletes in our community and enjoy working with many colleges and high schools.
Sports Medicine Treatments
Whether you are a weekend warrior or professional athlete, our sports medicine team can help get you back to your pre-injury level of functioning as quickly as possible. Our sports medicine treatments include preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. When surgery is needed, our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster are experts in the most advanced techniques designed to provide you with less postsurgical pain and shorter healing times.
If you, of your child, experiences an injury during a weekend or evening game, our Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL provide onsite diagnosis and treatment right away. No appointment is needed.
Our sports medicine team provides education and treatment of sports-related injuries including:
Related ProvidersAll Sports Medicine ProvidersView Providers
Related ConditionsAll Sports Medicine ConditionsView Conditions
Related TreatmentsAll Sports Medicine TreatmentsView Treatments
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!