Sports Medicine Specialties
On the field and on the court, your body is working hard as you run, jump, and outperform your competition. This level of intensity means even the most elite athletes are susceptible to injury. Since 1972, our sports medicine team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, has been training and treating professional, student, and weekend athletes in Lancaster and throughout Central Pennsylvania. Our expert team includes fellowship trained orthopedic sports medicine physicians and certified athletic trainers. Using the latest innovations in sports medicine, our goal is to keep you active and get you back in the game.
We have been the exclusive orthopedic sports medicine providers to some of the region’s most accomplished and recognized sports teams including the Lancaster Barnstormers. We are also passionate about teaching and protecting the rising athletes in our community and enjoy working with many colleges and high schools.
Sports Medicine Treatments
Whether you are a weekend warrior or professional athlete, our sports medicine team can help get you back to your pre-injury level of functioning as quickly as possible. Our sports medicine treatments include preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. When surgery is needed, our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster are experts in the most advanced techniques designed to provide you with less postsurgical pain and shorter healing times.
If you, of your child, experiences an injury during a weekend or evening game, our Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL provide onsite diagnosis and treatment right away. No appointment is needed.
Our sports medicine team provides education and treatment of sports-related injuries including:
Related ProvidersAll Sports Medicine ProvidersView Providers
Related ConditionsAll Sports Medicine ConditionsView Conditions
Related TreatmentsAll Sports Medicine TreatmentsView Treatments
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.