Pain is a common reason to seek medical care. It is a subjective symptom that has unique features and is experienced differently by each person. Pain is a signal from the nervous system that something may be wrong. The location of pain may give clues to where the problem is.
You may experience pain suddenly or it may increase over time. Pain may be felt as sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing sensations. Pain can be the result of everyday activities such as exercise or improper posture. It can also be your body’s indication that something more serious is wrong.
However, you experience pain, it is often a cause of disrupted sleep, missed work, and it may prevent you from enjoying your favorite activities.
Our pain management physicians at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster understand that the cause and symptoms of your pain are unique. Because of this, we believe a personalized treatment plan is necessary to deliver fast and lasting pain relieve. Our pain management approach is designed to help you get back to the life you enjoy.
- Pain described as sharp, dull, squeezing, or throbbing
- Pain that begins suddenly or gradually
- Pain that is constant or comes and goes
- Pain may be located at one pinpoint area or span over a larger area
- Neuropathic, which may be associated with diabetes or multiple sclerosis
- Musculoskeletal involving an injury to bones, muscles, ligaments, or tendons
- Inflammatory including swelling or infection
- Visceral, or pain from internal organs, which may be associated with conditions such as kidney stones or tumors
- Certain chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, stroke, shingles, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, infection, and fibromyalgia among others
- Occupations that require physically demanding tasks
- Psychosocial factors such as lack of support or socioeconomic class
- Evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon or interventional physiatrist (nonsurgical spine and pain specialist)
- Description of your symptoms and medical history
- X-ray to show potential arthritis or broken bones
- MRI or CT scan to show potential soft tissue damage
- Electromyography nerve studies to identify potential nerve and muscle damage
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!