Morton’s neuroma is a thickening of the tissue around the nerve that leads to the toes. Most commonly this occurs on the ball of the foot between the third and fourth toes because of the location of this nerve.
Pain associated with Morton’s neuroma is often described as feeling as though there is a rock in your shoe. Pain can range in severity from dull to sharp and burning with numbness or tingling in your toes.
The exact cause of Morton’s neuroma is unknown however the condition is more common in women than men. It is often believed wearing high heel shoes may be at fault.
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster offers a comprehensive approach to recovery with on-site diagnostics, surgery center, and physical therapy. Learn more about how our foot specialists care for your feet.
- Sharp pain on the ball of your foot between third and fourth toes that is felt when standing or walking
- Tingling, numbness, or stinging into the toes
- Feeling of stepping on a rock or marble
- Wearing high heel shoes or shoes that are tight or narrow on the toes
- Participating in high-impact sports that engage the feet such as running
- Participating in sports that pose a high impact to your feet such as running
- Presence of a bunion or hammertoe
- High arches or flat feet
- Description of your symptoms and medical history
- Physical examination to evaluate health of the foot
- X-ray to show bone health and rule out other conditions
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.