Morton’s neuroma is a thickening of the tissue around the nerve that leads to the toes. Most commonly this occurs on the ball of the foot between the third and fourth toes because of the location of this nerve.
Pain associated with Morton’s neuroma is often described as feeling as though there is a rock in your shoe. Pain can range in severity from dull to sharp and burning with numbness or tingling in your toes.
The exact cause of Morton’s neuroma is unknown however the condition is more common in women than men. It is often believed wearing high heel shoes may be at fault.
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster offers a comprehensive approach to recovery with on-site diagnostics, surgery center, and physical therapy. Learn more about how our foot specialists care for your feet.
- Sharp pain on the ball of your foot between third and fourth toes that is felt when standing or walking
- Tingling, numbness, or stinging into the toes
- Feeling of stepping on a rock or marble
- Wearing high heel shoes or shoes that are tight or narrow on the toes
- Participating in high-impact sports that engage the feet such as running
- Participating in sports that pose a high impact to your feet such as running
- Presence of a bunion or hammertoe
- High arches or flat feet
- Description of your symptoms and medical history
- Physical examination to evaluate health of the foot
- X-ray to show bone health and rule out other conditions
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!