Morton’s neuroma is a thickening of the tissue around the nerve that leads to the toes. Most commonly this occurs on the ball of the foot between the third and fourth toes because of the location of this nerve.
Pain associated with Morton’s neuroma is often described as feeling as though there is a rock in your shoe. Pain can range in severity from dull to sharp and burning with numbness or tingling in your toes.
The exact cause of Morton’s neuroma is unknown however the condition is more common in women than men. It is often believed wearing high heel shoes may be at fault.
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster offers a comprehensive approach to recovery with on-site diagnostics, surgery center, and physical therapy. Learn more about how our foot specialists care for your feet.
- Sharp pain on the ball of your foot between third and fourth toes that is felt when standing or walking
- Tingling, numbness, or stinging into the toes
- Feeling of stepping on a rock or marble
- Wearing high heel shoes or shoes that are tight or narrow on the toes
- Participating in high-impact sports that engage the feet such as running
- Participating in sports that pose a high impact to your feet such as running
- Presence of a bunion or hammertoe
- High arches or flat feet
- Description of your symptoms and medical history
- Physical examination to evaluate health of the foot
- X-ray to show bone health and rule out other conditions
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!