Broken bones, also known as fractures, are common among both children and adults. Most fractures occur as a result of trauma such as sports injuries, falls, or vehicle accidents. Some conditions such as osteoporosis, the weakening of the bones as we age, can make you more prone to fracturing a bone.
A fracture typically refers to a break in a bone due to high force or impact. There are many types of fractures that can result depending on the force of trauma and how the bone breaks. This includes closed, open, displaced, stress, spiral, oblique, avulsion, and many more.
- Pain, swelling, bruising, or numbness
- Instability of the bone
- Inability to use the body part that is affected by the break
- Inability to apply weight on the affected body part
- Falls, collisions, blows, or twists
- Vehicle accidents, sports injuries, and other physical accidents
- Overuse and repetitive motion that can result in stress fractures
- Conditions such as osteoporosis and diabetes
- Participating in sports
- Occupations with higher risk of hazard
- Conditions such as osteoporosis, diabetes, and post-menopause
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!