Broken bones, also known as fractures, are common among both children and adults. Most fractures occur as a result of trauma such as sports injuries, falls, or vehicle accidents. Some conditions such as osteoporosis, the weakening of the bones as we age, can make you more prone to fracturing a bone.
A fracture typically refers to a break in a bone due to high force or impact. There are many types of fractures that can result depending on the force of trauma and how the bone breaks. This includes closed, open, displaced, stress, spiral, oblique, avulsion, and many more.
- Pain, swelling, bruising, or numbness
- Instability of the bone
- Inability to use the body part that is affected by the break
- Inability to apply weight on the affected body part
- Falls, collisions, blows, or twists
- Vehicle accidents, sports injuries, and other physical accidents
- Overuse and repetitive motion that can result in stress fractures
- Conditions such as osteoporosis and diabetes
- Participating in sports
- Occupations with higher risk of hazard
- Conditions such as osteoporosis, diabetes, and post-menopause
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!