Do you often feel wobbly or weak in the ankle when playing sports, walking, or even just standing? Ankle instability may be at fault. This chronic condition is often felt when maneuvering uneven ground or when walking in high heeled shoes. In some instances, it may result in your ankle completely giving out. Ankle instability is often a result of multiple ankle sprains or a sprain that has not completely healed. Tenderness and chronic swelling may also occur.
Physical therapy is often a first, and successful, approach to most cases of ankle instability. Some conditions may require surgery if instability is severe or if improvement is not achieved after physical therapy.
- Turning of ankle especially on uneven surfaces or when playing sports
- Unstable feeling in ankle
- Ankle giving way
- Pain, stiffness, or swelling of the ankle
- Repetitive ankle sprains
- Insufficient treatment or healing of an ankle sprain
- General soft tissue laxity
- Those who have suffered multiple ankle sprains
- Anyone who has not received proper care or recovery during an ankle sprain
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.