Do you often feel wobbly or weak in the ankle when playing sports, walking, or even just standing? Ankle instability may be at fault. This chronic condition is often felt when maneuvering uneven ground or when walking in high heeled shoes. In some instances, it may result in your ankle completely giving out. Ankle instability is often a result of multiple ankle sprains or a sprain that has not completely healed. Tenderness and chronic swelling may also occur.
Physical therapy is often a first, and successful, approach to most cases of ankle instability. Some conditions may require surgery if instability is severe or if improvement is not achieved after physical therapy.
- Turning of ankle especially on uneven surfaces or when playing sports
- Unstable feeling in ankle
- Ankle giving way
- Pain, stiffness, or swelling of the ankle
- Repetitive ankle sprains
- Insufficient treatment or healing of an ankle sprain
- General soft tissue laxity
- Those who have suffered multiple ankle sprains
- Anyone who has not received proper care or recovery during an ankle sprain
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!