Do you often feel wobbly or weak in the ankle when playing sports, walking, or even just standing? Ankle instability may be at fault. This chronic condition is often felt when maneuvering uneven ground or when walking in high heeled shoes. In some instances, it may result in your ankle completely giving out. Ankle instability is often a result of multiple ankle sprains or a sprain that has not completely healed. Tenderness and chronic swelling may also occur.
Physical therapy is often a first, and successful, approach to most cases of ankle instability. Some conditions may require surgery if instability is severe or if improvement is not achieved after physical therapy.
- Turning of ankle especially on uneven surfaces or when playing sports
- Unstable feeling in ankle
- Ankle giving way
- Pain, stiffness, or swelling of the ankle
- Repetitive ankle sprains
- Insufficient treatment or healing of an ankle sprain
- General soft tissue laxity
- Those who have suffered multiple ankle sprains
- Anyone who has not received proper care or recovery during an ankle sprain
Ankle Instability Specialties
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.