James H. Carson, M.D.
Dr. Carson specializes in general orthopedics with expertise in joint reconstruction, sports injuries, arthroscopy and fracture care.
He is punctual, friendly, business-like, and he enjoys a good laugh and spending time with his family. Biblical study, fitness, golf, and reading round out Dr. Carson’s interests.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Hand & Wrist
- Neck & Back
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- Medical School: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Internship: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Residency: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Titles & Certificates
- Director of P.I. Department of Surgery - Lancaster General Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!