James H. Carson, M.D.
Dr. Carson specializes in general orthopedics with expertise in joint reconstruction, sports injuries, arthroscopy and fracture care.
He is punctual, friendly, business-like, and he enjoys a good laugh and spending time with his family. Biblical study, fitness, golf, and reading round out Dr. Carson’s interests.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Hand & Wrist
- Neck & Back
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- Medical School: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Internship: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Residency: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Titles & Certificates
- Director of P.I. Department of Surgery - Lancaster General Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!