James H. Carson, M.D.
Dr. Carson specializes in general orthopedics with expertise in joint reconstruction, sports injuries, arthroscopy and fracture care.
He is punctual, friendly, business-like, and he enjoys a good laugh and spending time with his family. Biblical study, fitness, golf, and reading round out Dr. Carson’s interests.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Hand & Wrist
- Neck & Back
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- Medical School: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Internship: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Residency: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Titles & Certificates
- Director of P.I. Department of Surgery - Lancaster General Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.