James H. Carson, M.D.
Dr. Carson specializes in general orthopedics with expertise in joint reconstruction, sports injuries, arthroscopy and fracture care.
He is punctual, friendly, business-like, and he enjoys a good laugh and spending time with his family. Biblical study, fitness, golf, and reading round out Dr. Carson’s interests.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Hand & Wrist
- Neck & Back
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- Medical School: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Internship: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Residency: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Titles & Certificates
- Director of P.I. Department of Surgery - Lancaster General Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!