Alexandria O. Starks, M.D.
Alexandria O. Starks, M.D. joins Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster following her shoulder & elbow surgery fellowship at Rothman Institute in Philadelphia. She is committed to delivering expert orthopedic care for common and complex shoulder & elbow problems.
Born and raised at the Jersey Shore, Dr. Starks grew up surfing, sailing, and swimming. She competed in sailing at a collegiate level at Washington College where she met her husband, a Lancaster County native and looks forward to contributing her unique skill set to Lancaster and Lebanon communities.
Dr. Starks is fluent in Spanish, allowing her to better serve the Spanish speaking patients in our area.
- Hand & Wrist
- Neck & Back
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Washington College, Chestertown, MD
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Residency: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Fellowship: Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Languages Spoken: English & Fluent in Spanish
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board eligible
- Ruth Jackson Orthopedic Society
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Shallop B, Starks A, Greenbaum S, Geller DS, Lee A, Ready J, Merli G, Maltenfort M, Abraham JA. Thromboembolism after intramedullary nailing for metastatic bone lesions. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Sept 16; 97(18):1503-11. PMID: 26378266
- Park J, Brureau A, Kernan K, Starks A, Gulati S, Ogunnaike B, Schwaber J, Vadigepalli R. Inputs drive cell phenotype variability. Genome Res. 2014 Jun; 24(6):930-41. PMID: 24671852
- Starks A, Guo L, Abraham JA. Resection of soft tissue tumors extending through the obturator ring. Orthopedics. 2013 Sep; 36(9):e1220-4. PMID: 24025018
- Parvizi J, Kerr G, Rasouli MR, Starks A. The Impact of obesity on total joint arthroplasty. Orthopaedic Knowledge Online Journal. 2013 June: 11(6).
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.