Alexandria O. Starks, M.D.
Alexandria O. Starks, M.D. joins Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster following her shoulder & elbow surgery fellowship at Rothman Institute in Philadelphia. She is committed to delivering expert orthopedic care for common and complex shoulder & elbow problems.
Born and raised at the Jersey Shore, Dr. Starks grew up surfing, sailing, and swimming. She competed in sailing at a collegiate level at Washington College where she met her husband, a Lancaster County native and looks forward to contributing her unique skill set to Lancaster and Lebanon communities.
Dr. Starks is fluent in Spanish, allowing her to better serve the Spanish speaking patients in our area.
Call 717-299-4871 or submit a request to schedule an appointment with Dr. Starks.
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Washington College, Chestertown, MD
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Residency: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Fellowship: Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Languages Spoken: English & Fluent in Spanish
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board eligible
- Ruth Jackson Orthopedic Society
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Shallop B, Starks A, Greenbaum S, Geller DS, Lee A, Ready J, Merli G, Maltenfort M, Abraham JA. Thromboembolism after intramedullary nailing for metastatic bone lesions. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Sept 16; 97(18):1503-11. PMID: 26378266
- Park J, Brureau A, Kernan K, Starks A, Gulati S, Ogunnaike B, Schwaber J, Vadigepalli R. Inputs drive cell phenotype variability. Genome Res. 2014 Jun; 24(6):930-41. PMID: 24671852
- Starks A, Guo L, Abraham JA. Resection of soft tissue tumors extending through the obturator ring. Orthopedics. 2013 Sep; 36(9):e1220-4. PMID: 24025018
- Parvizi J, Kerr G, Rasouli MR, Starks A. The Impact of obesity on total joint arthroplasty. Orthopaedic Knowledge Online Journal. 2013 June: 11(6).
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.