Alexandria O. Starks, M.D.
Alexandria O. Starks, M.D. joins Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster following her shoulder & elbow surgery fellowship at Rothman Institute in Philadelphia. She is committed to delivering expert orthopedic care for common and complex shoulder & elbow problems.
Born and raised at the Jersey Shore, Dr. Starks grew up surfing, sailing, and swimming. She competed in sailing at a collegiate level at Washington College where she met her husband, a Lancaster County native and looks forward to contributing her unique skill set to Lancaster and Lebanon communities.
Dr. Starks is fluent in Spanish, allowing her to better serve the Spanish speaking patients in our area.
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Washington College, Chestertown, MD
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Residency: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Fellowship: Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Languages Spoken: English & Fluent in Spanish
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board eligible
- Ruth Jackson Orthopedic Society
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Shallop B, Starks A, Greenbaum S, Geller DS, Lee A, Ready J, Merli G, Maltenfort M, Abraham JA. Thromboembolism after intramedullary nailing for metastatic bone lesions. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Sept 16; 97(18):1503-11. PMID: 26378266
- Park J, Brureau A, Kernan K, Starks A, Gulati S, Ogunnaike B, Schwaber J, Vadigepalli R. Inputs drive cell phenotype variability. Genome Res. 2014 Jun; 24(6):930-41. PMID: 24671852
- Starks A, Guo L, Abraham JA. Resection of soft tissue tumors extending through the obturator ring. Orthopedics. 2013 Sep; 36(9):e1220-4. PMID: 24025018
- Parvizi J, Kerr G, Rasouli MR, Starks A. The Impact of obesity on total joint arthroplasty. Orthopaedic Knowledge Online Journal. 2013 June: 11(6).
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.