Alexandria O. Starks, M.D.
Alexandria O. Starks, M.D. joins Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster following her shoulder & elbow surgery fellowship at Rothman Institute in Philadelphia. She is committed to delivering expert orthopedic care for common and complex shoulder & elbow problems.
Born and raised at the Jersey Shore, Dr. Starks grew up surfing, sailing, and swimming. She competed in sailing at a collegiate level at Washington College where she met her husband, a Lancaster County native and looks forward to contributing her unique skill set to Lancaster and Lebanon communities.
Dr. Starks is fluent in Spanish, allowing her to better serve the Spanish speaking patients in our area.
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: Washington College, Chestertown, MD
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Residency: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Fellowship: Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Languages Spoken: English & Fluent in Spanish
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board eligible
- Ruth Jackson Orthopedic Society
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Shallop B, Starks A, Greenbaum S, Geller DS, Lee A, Ready J, Merli G, Maltenfort M, Abraham JA. Thromboembolism after intramedullary nailing for metastatic bone lesions. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Sept 16; 97(18):1503-11. PMID: 26378266
- Park J, Brureau A, Kernan K, Starks A, Gulati S, Ogunnaike B, Schwaber J, Vadigepalli R. Inputs drive cell phenotype variability. Genome Res. 2014 Jun; 24(6):930-41. PMID: 24671852
- Starks A, Guo L, Abraham JA. Resection of soft tissue tumors extending through the obturator ring. Orthopedics. 2013 Sep; 36(9):e1220-4. PMID: 24025018
- Parvizi J, Kerr G, Rasouli MR, Starks A. The Impact of obesity on total joint arthroplasty. Orthopaedic Knowledge Online Journal. 2013 June: 11(6).
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!