Orthopedic Trauma Care
Sports injuries, vehicle accidents, and other traumatic situations can cause extensive damage to your bones, joints, and soft tissue. Our orthopedic trauma physicians at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster are specialty trained to provide you with expert care at the time of your injury, as well as a comprehensive plan to guide you through recovery.
Orthopedic trauma typically involves complex, severe, and sometimes life-threatening injury. This can include hip dislocations , fractures around the pelvis and acetabulum, multiple broken bones, open fractures, soft-tissue injuries, and severe fractures with multiple breaks to the same bone. These complex injuries require specialized care and, in some cases, surgical repair. If surgery is necessary, our team will walk you through your options including fracture repair, minimally invasive approaches, and reconstruction. After treatment we will develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
Since 1997, our trauma physicians have been treating the orthopedic needs of trauma patients at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health (LGH). We are the exclusive provider for orthopedic trauma with Lancaster General Health. If you are admitted to the hospital with orthopedic injuries, such as bone fractures or joint dislocation, you can request that an Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster trauma physician evaluate you onsite to ensure that you receive unsurpassed care and optimal results.
Our trauma physicians are specially trained and certified to treat traumatic orthopedic injuries. Some areas of expertise include:
- Complex Fractures
- Occupational Injuries
- Vehicle Accidents
- Bone Fractures
- Joint Dislocations
- Soft Tissue Reconstruction
- Treatment of nonunions, malunions, and infections
- Orthopedic Surgery including arthroscopy, bone grafting, and joint reconstruction
Related ProvidersAll Trauma ProvidersView Providers
Related ConditionsAll Trauma ConditionsView Conditions
Related TreatmentsAll Trauma TreatmentsView Treatments
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.