Orthopedic Trauma Care
Sports injuries, vehicle accidents, and other traumatic situations can cause extensive damage to your bones, joints, and soft tissue. Our orthopedic trauma physicians at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster are specialty trained to provide you with expert care at the time of your injury, as well as a comprehensive plan to guide you through recovery.
Orthopedic trauma typically involves complex, severe, and sometimes life-threatening injury. This can include hip dislocations , fractures around the pelvis and acetabulum, multiple broken bones, open fractures, soft-tissue injuries, and severe fractures with multiple breaks to the same bone. These complex injuries require specialized care and, in some cases, surgical repair. If surgery is necessary, our team will walk you through your options including fracture repair, minimally invasive approaches, and reconstruction. After treatment we will develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
Since 1997, our trauma physicians have been treating the orthopedic needs of trauma patients at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health (LGH). We are the exclusive provider for orthopedic trauma with Lancaster General Health. If you are admitted to the hospital with orthopedic injuries, such as bone fractures or joint dislocation, you can request that an Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster trauma physician evaluate you onsite to ensure that you receive unsurpassed care and optimal results.
Our trauma physicians are specially trained and certified to treat traumatic orthopedic injuries. Some areas of expertise include:
- Complex Fractures
- Occupational Injuries
- Vehicle Accidents
- Bone Fractures
- Joint Dislocations
- Soft Tissue Reconstruction
- Treatment of nonunions, malunions, and infections
- Orthopedic Surgery including arthroscopy, bone grafting, and joint reconstruction
Related ProvidersAll Trauma ProvidersView Providers
Related ConditionsAll Trauma ConditionsView Conditions
Related TreatmentsAll Trauma TreatmentsView Treatments
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.