Hip revision surgery involves removing and replacing a worn, loosened or misaligned implant to relieve pain and improve the function of the implanted hip system. Revision surgery is based on several issues, the implant may have become loose, worn or infected. As the replacement fails you may experience a limp, stiffness and pain, or instability. With regular x-rays your provider can see the change in the position or condition of the implants.
Revision hip replacement is a longer, more complex procedure. Surgery requires removal of the previous prosthesis, the cement, the surrounding tissue and the dead bone before a new prosthesis can be inserted. Every hip revision surgery is unique, the details of surgery vary from patient to patient and depend upon the type of prosthesis failure.
Most Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster patients who have hip revision surgery have little or no pain, improved function, and a better quality of life. After recovery, most patients who have hip revision surgery are satisfied with their improved function as well as relieve pain free.
- Failed Hip Replacement from loosening or infection
- Recurrent Hip Dislocation
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.