Hip revision surgery involves removing and replacing a worn, loosened or misaligned implant to relieve pain and improve the function of the implanted hip system. Revision surgery is based on several issues, the implant may have become loose, worn or infected. As the replacement fails you may experience a limp, stiffness and pain, or instability. With regular x-rays your provider can see the change in the position or condition of the implants.
Revision hip replacement is a longer, more complex procedure. Surgery requires removal of the previous prosthesis, the cement, the surrounding tissue and the dead bone before a new prosthesis can be inserted. Every hip revision surgery is unique, the details of surgery vary from patient to patient and depend upon the type of prosthesis failure.
Most Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster patients who have hip revision surgery have little or no pain, improved function, and a better quality of life. After recovery, most patients who have hip revision surgery are satisfied with their improved function as well as relieve pain free.
- Failed Hip Replacement from loosening or infection
- Recurrent Hip Dislocation
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!