Michael W. Gish, M.D.
Dr. Gish specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. He is fellowship-trained in sports medicine and holds an additional subspecialty certificate in the field of orthopedic sports medicine. An active member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, he is also a regular reviewer for the American Journal of Sports Medicine.
During his training, Dr. Gish was assistant team physician to all of Cleveland's pro sports teams, including the Browns, Indians, and Cavaliers. With expertise in all areas of sports medicine, he has a special interest in ACL reconstruction and arthroscopic shoulder surgery, including surgery for shoulder instability and rotator cuff repair.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Joint Replacement
- Neck & Back
- Work Injuries
- Undergraduate Education: Houghton College, Houghton, New York
- Medical School: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internship: University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York
- Residency: University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York
- Military Service: U.S. Air Force Medical Corps
- Fellowship: Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania New York State
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Board Certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Pennsylvania Classics
- Franklin and Marshal College Club Sports
- Hempfield High School
- Manheim Township School District
- Manheim Township Youth Football
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- Chairman, Executive Committee – North Pointe Surgery Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery –Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Medical Director, PA Classics
- Orthopedic Consultant, Franklin & Marshall College Athletics
- Gish MW, Mizuno K, McLean S, Andrish J, van den Bogert A, Miniaci A. The Effect of Increasing Tibial Slope on Knee Joint Kinematics. Presented at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health Warthog Society Meeting: July 2005, Keystone, CO.
- Miniaci A, Gish MW. Management of Anterior Glenohumeral Instability Associated with Large Hill-Sachs Defects. Techniques in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery. 2004 5(3): 170-175.
- Pateder DB, Gish MW, O’Keefe RJ, Hicks DG, Teot LA, Rosier RN. Parathyroid Hormone- Related Peptide Expression in Cartilaginous Tumors. Clin Orthop. 2002 Oct;(403): 198-204.
- Gish MW, O’Keefe RJ, Teot LA, Andela V, Hicks DG, Rosier RN. Expression of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide (PTHrP) in Cartilaginous Tumors Correlates with Malignancy. -Poster presented at Annual Meeting of ORS; March 2000, Orlando, FL. -Presented at annual R. Plato Schwartz Lectureship; June 1999, Rochester, NY.
- Hirsch HS, Gish MW, Kitziger KJ, Lotke PA, Steinberg ME. Advantages of Staged, Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty During a Single Hospital Admission. -Presented at Annual Meeting of AAOS; February 1997, San Francisco, CA. -Presented at Annual Meeting of the Association for Research and Circulation in Bone; October 1995, Vienna, Austria.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.