Joel A. Horning, M.D.
Dr. Horning is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializes sports injuries, including arthroscopic surgeries. He chose orthopedics because he enjoys helping patients return to, or improve upon, their active lifestyle.
As sports medicine specialist, Dr. Horning says he really enjoys treating athletes and working with coaches, trainers and parents with the goal of promoting a safe and speedy return to play.
When it comes to his free time Dr. Horning enjoys spending time with his family and participating in Ironman triathlons.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Joint Replacement
- Neck & Back
- Work Injuries
- Undergraduate Education: Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Graduate School: Drexel University, M.S. Chemical Engineering
- Medical School: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Board Certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Lancaster Barnstormers, Head Team Physician
- Lancaster Bible College
- Ephrata High School
- Garden Spot High School
- New Covenant Christian School
- Ephrata Youth Football
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- Horning J, Yoder A. Triathlon Specific Strength Training. 2018.
- Czajka J, Bellapianta J, Horning J. Salmonella Enteritidis Septic Arthritis of a Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Uhl RL, Gainor J, Horning J. Treatment of Bicondylar Tibial Plateau Fractures with Lateral Locking Plates. Orthopedics. 2008 May; 31(5): 473-7.
- Horning J, Dipreta J. Subtalar Dislocation. Orthopedics. 2009 Dec; 32(12): 904-8.
- Horning JA, Czajka J, Uhl RL. Atypical Diaphyseal Femur Fractures in Patients with Prolonged Administration of Bisphosphonate Medication for Osteoporosis. Orthopedics. 2010 Dec.; 33(10): 902.
- Horning JA, Gerdeman A. Case Files: Orthopaedic Surgery. 1st ed. McGraw-Hill; c2013. Chapter 22: Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. pp 207-217.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.