Colin C. Heinle, M.D.
Born and raised in Lancaster County, Dr. Heinle is fellowship trained in orthopedic trauma. In addition to his orthopedic training, he possesses a critical skill set focused on treating the most severe orthopedic injuries including long bone fracture, peri-articular fractures, non-unions, and pelvic fractures.
Often seeing patients at their worst after an accident, Dr. Heinle enjoys jointly creating a treatment plan with his patients’ goals in mind, helping to promote a safe recovery and return to activity. He currently serves as the Orthopaedic Trauma Director at Penn Medicine-Lancaster General Hospital and was voted 2020 Lancaster General Hospital Physician of the Year.
Outside the operating room, Dr. Heinle enjoys being outdoors with his dog family, traveling and spending time with his family.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Hand & Wrist
- Joint Replacement
- Neck & Back
- Undergraduate Education: Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington DC
- Residency: UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, New Brunswick, NJ
- Fellowship: Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Titles & Certificates
- Director of Orthopedic Trauma: LGH Penn Medicine
- ATLS Trauma Instructor
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Trauma Association
- Tripathi MS, Heinle CC, Tria AJ. Constraint in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty for Obese Patients. Orthopedic Clinics of North America. 47 (2016); 51-55.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!