Colin C. Heinle, M.D.
Born and raised in Lancaster County, Dr. Heinle is fellowship trained in orthopedic trauma. In addition to his orthopedic training, he possesses a critical skill set focused on treating the most severe orthopedic injuries including long bone fracture, peri-articular fractures, non-unions, and pelvic fractures.
Often seeing patients at their worst after an accident, Dr. Heinle enjoys jointly creating a treatment plan with his patients’ goals in mind, helping to promote a safe recovery and return to activity. He currently serves as the Orthopaedic Trauma Director at Penn Medicine-Lancaster General Hospital and was voted 2020 Lancaster General Hospital Physician of the Year.
Outside the operating room, Dr. Heinle enjoys being outdoors with his dog family, traveling and spending time with his family.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Hand & Wrist
- Joint Replacement
- Neck & Back
- Undergraduate Education: Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington DC
- Residency: UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, New Brunswick, NJ
- Fellowship: Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Titles & Certificates
- Director of Orthopedic Trauma: LGH Penn Medicine
- ATLS Trauma Instructor
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Trauma Association
- Tripathi MS, Heinle CC, Tria AJ. Constraint in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty for Obese Patients. Orthopedic Clinics of North America. 47 (2016); 51-55.
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.