Colin C. Heinle, M.D.
Born and raised in Lancaster County, Dr. Heinle is fellowship trained in orthopedic trauma. In addition to his orthopedic training, he possesses a critical skill set focused on treating the most severe orthopedic injuries including long bone fracture, peri-articular fractures, non-unions, and pelvic fractures.
Often seeing patients at their worst after an accident, Dr. Heinle enjoys jointly creating a treatment plan with his patients’ goals in mind, helping to promote a safe recovery and return to activity. He currently serves as the Orthopaedic Trauma Director at Penn Medicine-Lancaster General Hospital and was voted 2020 Lancaster General Hospital Physician of the Year.
Outside the operating room, Dr. Heinle enjoys being outdoors with his dog family, traveling and spending time with his family.
- Foot & Ankle
- Fractures & Sprains
- Hand & Wrist
- Joint Replacement
- Neck & Back
- Undergraduate Education: Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington DC
- Residency: UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, New Brunswick, NJ
- Fellowship: Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Licenses: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Titles & Certificates
- Director of Orthopedic Trauma: LGH Penn Medicine
- ATLS Trauma Instructor
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North Pointe Surgery Center
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Ltd.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Trauma Association
- Tripathi MS, Heinle CC, Tria AJ. Constraint in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty for Obese Patients. Orthopedic Clinics of North America. 47 (2016); 51-55.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!