Proper treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis. At Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, we realize precision and timeliness are two of the most important factors. That’s why we have included onsite diagnostics at all our locations providing orthopedic x-rays at the time of your visit.
Our team of registered radiologic technologists and physicians use state-of-the-art digital x-ray technology for faster results and enhanced visibility.
What to Expect During an Orthopedic X-Ray
An x-ray is a noninvasive imaging tool used to diagnose many orthopedic conditions. sometimes patients with injuries experience pain with different movements required to get the correct pictures. You will be asked to expose the affected area by removing clothing and jewelry such as rolling up a shirt sleeve to expose your arm. A hospital gown will be provided for coverage as you prefer.
Our team of registered radiologic technologists will help you to position your body using support devices such as pillows to allow the x-ray to capture the affected area. An orthopedic x-ray is typically complete within 10 minutes.
After your x-ray is complete, your orthopedic physician and physician assistant will evaluate your results and review the imaging with you.
Patient safety is our top priority. With state-of-the-art equipment, the providers are given high quality images while keeping radiation dose low.
When is an X-Ray Used
X-rays are used to diagnose and treat a variety of orthopedic injuries and conditions including:
- Bone dislocations
- Locate loose bodies in the joints
- Assess arthritis
- Evaluate causes of pain
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.