Proper treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis. At Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, we realize precision and timeliness are two of the most important factors. That’s why we have included onsite diagnostics at all our locations providing orthopedic x-rays at the time of your visit.
Our team of registered radiologic technologists and physicians use state-of-the-art digital x-ray technology for faster results and enhanced visibility.
What to Expect During an Orthopedic X-Ray
An x-ray is a noninvasive imaging tool used to diagnose many orthopedic conditions. sometimes patients with injuries experience pain with different movements required to get the correct pictures. You will be asked to expose the affected area by removing clothing and jewelry such as rolling up a shirt sleeve to expose your arm. A hospital gown will be provided for coverage as you prefer.
Our team of registered radiologic technologists will help you to position your body using support devices such as pillows to allow the x-ray to capture the affected area. An orthopedic x-ray is typically complete within 10 minutes.
After your x-ray is complete, your orthopedic physician and physician assistant will evaluate your results and review the imaging with you.
Patient safety is our top priority. With state-of-the-art equipment, the providers are given high quality images while keeping radiation dose low.
When is an X-Ray Used
X-rays are used to diagnose and treat a variety of orthopedic injuries and conditions including:
- Bone dislocations
- Locate loose bodies in the joints
- Assess arthritis
- Evaluate causes of pain
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.