Proper treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis. At Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, we realize precision and timeliness are two of the most important factors. That’s why we have included onsite diagnostics at all our locations providing orthopedic x-rays at the time of your visit.
Our team of registered radiologic technologists and physicians use state-of-the-art digital x-ray technology for faster results and enhanced visibility.
What to Expect During an Orthopedic X-Ray
An x-ray is a noninvasive imaging tool used to diagnose many orthopedic conditions. sometimes patients with injuries experience pain with different movements required to get the correct pictures. You will be asked to expose the affected area by removing clothing and jewelry such as rolling up a shirt sleeve to expose your arm. A hospital gown will be provided for coverage as you prefer.
Our team of registered radiologic technologists will help you to position your body using support devices such as pillows to allow the x-ray to capture the affected area. An orthopedic x-ray is typically complete within 10 minutes.
After your x-ray is complete, your orthopedic physician and physician assistant will evaluate your results and review the imaging with you.
Patient safety is our top priority. With state-of-the-art equipment, the providers are given high quality images while keeping radiation dose low.
When is an X-Ray Used
X-rays are used to diagnose and treat a variety of orthopedic injuries and conditions including:
- Bone dislocations
- Locate loose bodies in the joints
- Assess arthritis
- Evaluate causes of pain
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.