Shoulder arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. It may be used to evaluate your shoulder joint, diagnose injuries, and repair damage. Arthroscopy can be used to repair many causes of shoulder painincluding rotator cuff tears, bicep tendon procedures, and removal of bone spurs.
During shoulder arthroscopy small incisions are made to allow a tiny camera and surgical equipment to pass through. This provides your surgeon a detailed view of the joint and surrounding area. Because of the smaller incisions, there is often less pain, less stiffness, and a shorter recovery time when compared to open surgery.
Shoulder arthroscopy is often an outpatient procedure and may be performed under general or regional anesthesia. After your surgery,our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
Types of Treatment:
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labrum repair
- Repair of torn or stretched ligaments
- Biceps tendon procedures
- Removal of bone spurs
- Removal or treatment of cartilage damage
- Removal of loose bodies such as articular cartilage and/or scar tissue that can form after trauma and become free-floating in the joint
- Arthroscopy may be used in urgent situations to treat infections in the joint such as septic arthritis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Biceps Tendon Tear
- Labral Tear
- Shoulder Instability
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.