Shoulder arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. It may be used to evaluate your shoulder joint, diagnose injuries, and repair damage. Arthroscopy can be used to repair many causes of shoulder painincluding rotator cuff tears, bicep tendon procedures, and removal of bone spurs.
During shoulder arthroscopy small incisions are made to allow a tiny camera and surgical equipment to pass through. This provides your surgeon a detailed view of the joint and surrounding area. Because of the smaller incisions, there is often less pain, less stiffness, and a shorter recovery time when compared to open surgery.
Shoulder arthroscopy is often an outpatient procedure and may be performed under general or regional anesthesia. After your surgery,our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
Types of Treatment:
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labrum repair
- Repair of torn or stretched ligaments
- Biceps tendon procedures
- Removal of bone spurs
- Removal or treatment of cartilage damage
- Removal of loose bodies such as articular cartilage and/or scar tissue that can form after trauma and become free-floating in the joint
- Arthroscopy may be used in urgent situations to treat infections in the joint such as septic arthritis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Biceps Tendon Tear
- Labral Tear
- Shoulder Instability
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!