Shoulder arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. It may be used to evaluate your shoulder joint, diagnose injuries, and repair damage. Arthroscopy can be used to repair many causes of shoulder painincluding rotator cuff tears, bicep tendon procedures, and removal of bone spurs.
During shoulder arthroscopy small incisions are made to allow a tiny camera and surgical equipment to pass through. This provides your surgeon a detailed view of the joint and surrounding area. Because of the smaller incisions, there is often less pain, less stiffness, and a shorter recovery time when compared to open surgery.
Shoulder arthroscopy is often an outpatient procedure and may be performed under general or regional anesthesia. After your surgery,our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
Types of Treatment:
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labrum repair
- Repair of torn or stretched ligaments
- Biceps tendon procedures
- Removal of bone spurs
- Removal or treatment of cartilage damage
- Removal of loose bodies such as articular cartilage and/or scar tissue that can form after trauma and become free-floating in the joint
- Arthroscopy may be used in urgent situations to treat infections in the joint such as septic arthritis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Biceps Tendon Tear
- Labral Tear
- Shoulder Instability
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!