Shoulder arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. It may be used to evaluate your shoulder joint, diagnose injuries, and repair damage. Arthroscopy can be used to repair many causes of shoulder painincluding rotator cuff tears, bicep tendon procedures, and removal of bone spurs.
During shoulder arthroscopy small incisions are made to allow a tiny camera and surgical equipment to pass through. This provides your surgeon a detailed view of the joint and surrounding area. Because of the smaller incisions, there is often less pain, less stiffness, and a shorter recovery time when compared to open surgery.
Shoulder arthroscopy is often an outpatient procedure and may be performed under general or regional anesthesia. After your surgery,our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
Types of Treatment:
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labrum repair
- Repair of torn or stretched ligaments
- Biceps tendon procedures
- Removal of bone spurs
- Removal or treatment of cartilage damage
- Removal of loose bodies such as articular cartilage and/or scar tissue that can form after trauma and become free-floating in the joint
- Arthroscopy may be used in urgent situations to treat infections in the joint such as septic arthritis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Biceps Tendon Tear
- Labral Tear
- Shoulder Instability
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.