Golfer's Elbow Surgery
Golfer’s elbow, also known as medial epicondylitis, is a painful form of elbow tendonitis. While common among golfers, this condition can affect anyone engaged in repetitive or overuse of the tendons located in the inner elbow. These tendons are responsible for gripping, wrist flexion, and arm rotation. Overtime the tendon may tear and breakdown resulting in pain and swelling that is typically felt at the inside of the elbow with potential to extend into the forearm, wrist, and small finger.
If after several months of nonsurgical treatment your symptoms have not improved, surgery may be recommended to repair the damaged tendons. Golfer’s elbow surgery involves removing the damaged and inflamed parts of the tendons where they attach to the bone and securing healthy portions of the tendon back into place. This surgery is typically done on an outpatient basis. Following surgery, the elbow is immobilized in a splint. Sutures are removed 10-14 days after the surgery and physical therapy is initiated for range of motion and strengthening.
- Open incision medial epicondyle release surgery to remove the inflamed parts of the tendon along the inside of the elbow and reattach healthy tendon to the bone.
- Arthroscopic medial epicondyle release surgery to remove the inflamed parts of the tendon along the inside of the elbow and reattach healthy tendon to the bone. In elbow arthroscopy,a small camera and tiny surgical instruments are passed into the joint through minor incisions allowing the surgeon to gain detailed visibility. Because of the small incision size, elbow arthroscopy typically delivers less pain and a shorter recovery time.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.