Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most common problems affecting the hands. The condition occurs when the carpal tunnel becomes narrow, or when tissues surrounding the tendons swell. This results in pressure on the median nerve that causes painful numbness and tingling. Endoscopic carpal tunnel syndrome surgery may be recommended if symptoms are not improved after non-operative treatments such as bracing.
During endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, a thin tube with a camera attached is guided through a small incision in the wrist or the palm. Your orthopedic surgeon uses this device to increase visibility within the affected areas of the wrist. The ligament over the never is cut to relieve pressure.
The smaller incisions used in endoscopic surgery provide less trauma to the skin and soft tissues; less swelling and pain; and in most cases a faster healing time. Schedule an evaluation with our hand and wrist specialists to determine if endoscopic surgery is the right option to treat your carpal tunnel syndrome.
Types of Treatment:
- Surgical release of pressure in the carpal tunnel. An endoscopic camera is used to evaluate and cut through the underside of the ligament that serves as the roof of the carpal tunnel.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.