Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most common problems affecting the hands. The condition occurs when the carpal tunnel becomes narrow, or when tissues surrounding the tendons swell. This results in pressure on the median nerve that causes painful numbness and tingling. Endoscopic carpal tunnel syndrome surgery may be recommended if symptoms are not improved after non-operative treatments such as bracing.
During endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, a thin tube with a camera attached is guided through a small incision in the wrist or the palm. Your orthopedic surgeon uses this device to increase visibility within the affected areas of the wrist. The ligament over the never is cut to relieve pressure.
The smaller incisions used in endoscopic surgery provide less trauma to the skin and soft tissues; less swelling and pain; and in most cases a faster healing time. Schedule an evaluation with our hand and wrist specialists to determine if endoscopic surgery is the right option to treat your carpal tunnel syndrome.
Types of Treatment:
- Surgical release of pressure in the carpal tunnel. An endoscopic camera is used to evaluate and cut through the underside of the ligament that serves as the roof of the carpal tunnel.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.