Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most common problems affecting the hands. The condition occurs when the carpal tunnel becomes narrow, or when tissues surrounding the tendons swell. This results in pressure on the median nerve that causes painful numbness and tingling. Endoscopic carpal tunnel syndrome surgery may be recommended if symptoms are not improved after non-operative treatments such as bracing.
During endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, a thin tube with a camera attached is guided through a small incision in the wrist or the palm. Your orthopedic surgeon uses this device to increase visibility within the affected areas of the wrist. The ligament over the never is cut to relieve pressure.
The smaller incisions used in endoscopic surgery provide less trauma to the skin and soft tissues; less swelling and pain; and in most cases a faster healing time. Schedule an evaluation with our hand and wrist specialists to determine if endoscopic surgery is the right option to treat your carpal tunnel syndrome.
Types of Treatment:
- Surgical release of pressure in the carpal tunnel. An endoscopic camera is used to evaluate and cut through the underside of the ligament that serves as the roof of the carpal tunnel.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Adam T. Griska, M.D.
John C. Rodgers, M.D.
Vincent Battista, M.D.
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!