Your elbow is made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, and it is the origin of the muscles that move your wrist and forearm. Overuse, trauma, and congenital defects can alter the mechanics of your elbow causing instability and pain. In some of these instances, elbow reconstruction surgery may be recommended to regain function and relieve pain. Elbow reconstruction is typically an outpatient surgery. After surgery, you may need to wear a brace or sling to immobilize the area. Physical therapy and pain management will also be considered as part of your personalized recovery plan.
- Reattachment of the distal bicep tendon at the elbow
- Repair or reconstruction of ligament tears of the elbow to restore stability
- Surgical release of nerves, or moving of nerves, related to ulnar nerve entrapment or cubital tunnel syndrome
- Decompression of the nerve and reconstruction of the tunnel the nerve runs through related to radial nerve entrapment, or radial tunnel syndrome
- Complex fracture treatment including the use of hardware to stabilize broken bones and allow them to heal in proper position. Sometimes, fractures may also require the use of a partial or total elbow joint replacement.
- Total joint replacement, often for advanced arthritis or severe fractures
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.