Your elbow is made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, and it is the origin of the muscles that move your wrist and forearm. Overuse, trauma, and congenital defects can alter the mechanics of your elbow causing instability and pain. In some of these instances, elbow reconstruction surgery may be recommended to regain function and relieve pain. Elbow reconstruction is typically an outpatient surgery. After surgery, you may need to wear a brace or sling to immobilize the area. Physical therapy and pain management will also be considered as part of your personalized recovery plan.
- Reattachment of the distal bicep tendon at the elbow
- Repair or reconstruction of ligament tears of the elbow to restore stability
- Surgical release of nerves, or moving of nerves, related to ulnar nerve entrapment or cubital tunnel syndrome
- Decompression of the nerve and reconstruction of the tunnel the nerve runs through related to radial nerve entrapment, or radial tunnel syndrome
- Complex fracture treatment including the use of hardware to stabilize broken bones and allow them to heal in proper position. Sometimes, fractures may also require the use of a partial or total elbow joint replacement.
- Total joint replacement, often for advanced arthritis or severe fractures
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.