Many elbow conditions can be treated using elbow arthroscopy. This form of surgery involves using small incisions, or portals, to allow a surgeon to see inside the elbow joint with a telescopic camera. It is less invasive than open surgeries and, because of the smaller incisions, there is often less pain, less stiffness, and a shorter recovery time. Elbow arthroscopy is often an outpatient procedure and may be performed under general or regional anesthesia. A small camera is passed into the joint through minor incisions allowing the surgeon to gain detailed visibility of the inside of the joint. Miniature instruments are also able to be passed through the portals to surgically correct the problems that are found. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will work with you to develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
- Arthroscopic treatment of conditions such as osteochondritis dissecans or osteochondral fractures. Treatment options include microfracture, subchondral drilling, fragment fixation, and/or bone grafting.
- Tendon procedures such as tennis elbow.
- Repair of fractures. Arthroscopy can ensure proper alignment of the cartilage to help minimize the risk of posttraumatic arthritis.
- Removal of loose bodies such as articular cartilage and/or scar tissue that can form after trauma and become free-floating in the joint.
- Arthroscopic debridement of arthritis.
- Treatment of infections in the joint, also known as septic arthritis. Arthroscopy may be used in urgent situations. This involves a saline flush of the areas to help clean out the infection.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!