Many elbow conditions can be treated using elbow arthroscopy. This form of surgery involves using small incisions, or portals, to allow a surgeon to see inside the elbow joint with a telescopic camera. It is less invasive than open surgeries and, because of the smaller incisions, there is often less pain, less stiffness, and a shorter recovery time. Elbow arthroscopy is often an outpatient procedure and may be performed under general or regional anesthesia. A small camera is passed into the joint through minor incisions allowing the surgeon to gain detailed visibility of the inside of the joint. Miniature instruments are also able to be passed through the portals to surgically correct the problems that are found. Our team at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will work with you to develop a personalized recovery plan including physical therapy and pain management.
- Arthroscopic treatment of conditions such as osteochondritis dissecans or osteochondral fractures. Treatment options include microfracture, subchondral drilling, fragment fixation, and/or bone grafting.
- Tendon procedures such as tennis elbow.
- Repair of fractures. Arthroscopy can ensure proper alignment of the cartilage to help minimize the risk of posttraumatic arthritis.
- Removal of loose bodies such as articular cartilage and/or scar tissue that can form after trauma and become free-floating in the joint.
- Arthroscopic debridement of arthritis.
- Treatment of infections in the joint, also known as septic arthritis. Arthroscopy may be used in urgent situations. This involves a saline flush of the areas to help clean out the infection.
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.