Our foot and ankle experts at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster know no two feet are the same. Each patient – and foot – requires a unique solution to alleviate pain. Custom orthotic inserts can be an effective, noninvasive, part of treatment for many different lower body conditions including bunions, flat foot, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, and diabetic foot disease.
Custom orthotic inserts are molded to meet the unique needs of your foot pain. They are worn in your own shoes by replacing the standard shoe lining.
Types of Orthotic Inserts
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster offers custom-molded foot orthotics as well as Vasyli™ customizable, over-the-counter foot orthotics. Both options have been proven to aid in correcting your unique foot, ankle, and knee conditions. Orthotic inserts slightly alter the angle at which the foot strikes a surface to provide ideal alignment and alleviates stress and pressure.
Our team of foot specialists will assess your needs using a biomechanical evaluation of your feet and lower body. We’ll then review all options for orthotic inserts based on your diagnosis and lifestyle. If custom orthotics are chosen, our team will construct your custom orthotics so they are individually designed to make your standing, walking, and running patterns more comfortable and efficient.
Benefits of Custom Orthotics
Custom orthotic inserts provide many benefits to those suffering from foot and ankle pain or instability. Because the orthotics are developed to meet your specific needs, they can help to relieve pain associated with conditions including:
Related TreatmentsAll Orthotics TreatmentsView Treatments
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.