For compassionate, high-tech imaging services, make Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster your trusted source. Cat Scan (CT) appointments are now available at OAL’s Lancaster office. Call 717-299-4871 to schedule an appointment.
Thanks to CT scanning (computed tomography, often called a “CAT” scan) doctors can view a “slice” of the human body painlessly. Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster offers both lower and upper extremity CT scans, allowing faster scan times and quicker results back to your doctor for follow up. In addition, both CT scanners offer a very low radiation dose compared to normal CT scans.
CurveBeam LineUp CT Scanner
Scans lower extremities, including feet, ankles and knees. Allows the patient to remain standing for the test, resulting in weight bearing images for the physician to review. These images differ from standard CT scanners and help inform the physician of possible alignment- determinant conditions and create a better assessment of a patient’s gait under normal standing pressure. Some popular indications for a weight bearing CT exam include Lisfranc, Hindfoot alignment evaluation, and Charcot. Our LineUp scanner also offers a Metal Artefact Reduction (MAR) feature for patients that may have already had surgical intervention, which allows for quality imaging even when metal is present in the desired joint.
Scans upper extremities scans, including hands, wrists and elbows. The flexibility of this machine allows patients to sit during their exam creating a more comfortable atmosphere when trying to capture the best image possible. The patient’s extremity is inserted straight into the machine, so there isn’t any awkward positioning or pain for the patient. The InReach scanner uses a very low dose of radiation compared to a normal CT scanner, allowing less overall patient dose and still very high-quality images. This scanner allows physicians to assess new and healing fractures as well as pre-operative planning for upcoming surgeries. The scan takes approximately five to six minutes total.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!