For compassionate, high-tech imaging services, make Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster your trusted source. Cat Scan (CT) appointments are now available at OAL’s Lancaster office. Call 717-299-4871 to schedule an appointment.
Thanks to CT scanning (computed tomography, often called a “CAT” scan) doctors can view a “slice” of the human body painlessly. Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster offers both lower and upper extremity CT scans, allowing faster scan times and quicker results back to your doctor for follow up. In addition, both CT scanners offer a very low radiation dose compared to normal CT scans.
CurveBeam LineUp CT Scanner
Scans lower extremities, including feet, ankles and knees. Allows the patient to remain standing for the test, resulting in weight bearing images for the physician to review. These images differ from standard CT scanners and help inform the physician of possible alignment- determinant conditions and create a better assessment of a patient’s gait under normal standing pressure. Some popular indications for a weight bearing CT exam include Lisfranc, Hindfoot alignment evaluation, and Charcot. Our LineUp scanner also offers a Metal Artefact Reduction (MAR) feature for patients that may have already had surgical intervention, which allows for quality imaging even when metal is present in the desired joint.
Scans upper extremities scans, including hands, wrists and elbows. The flexibility of this machine allows patients to sit during their exam creating a more comfortable atmosphere when trying to capture the best image possible. The patient’s extremity is inserted straight into the machine, so there isn’t any awkward positioning or pain for the patient. The InReach scanner uses a very low dose of radiation compared to a normal CT scanner, allowing less overall patient dose and still very high-quality images. This scanner allows physicians to assess new and healing fractures as well as pre-operative planning for upcoming surgeries. The scan takes approximately five to six minutes total.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!