Lateral Epicondylitis, or tennis elbow, is a painful form of elbow tendonitis. While common among tennis players, you don’t need to be a regular on the court to be affected by this condition.
The muscles responsible for extending the wrist are located in the forearm. These muscles are attached to the bone of the upper arm by tendons that run along the outside of the elbow. Overuse of the wrist caused by repetitive motions can lead to chronic inflammation and small tears of these tendons resulting in pain. Athletes, plumbers, and carpenters are often at risk of developing tennis elbow because of their repetitive activities.
Pain from tennis elbow is typically felt at the outside of the elbow and may extend into the forearm and wrist. If you are experiencing elbow pain schedule an appointment for an orthopedic evaluation.
- Pain or swelling in the outer elbow that is worse during repetitive motion of the wrist or elbow, or when gripping objects
- Weakness in the forearm
- Repetitive motions of the wrist (such as hairdressing, painting)
- Explosive athletic activities (such as lifting heaving weights or increased tension of racket)
- Occupations that require repetitive elbow and wrist movement such as plumbers, carpenters, and hairdressers
- Activities that involve movement of wrist against heavy weight
- Excess weight
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.