Rotator Cuff Tear
The shoulder is the most mobile joint in your body. It is capable of a wide range of motion which also makes it prone to injury. The shoulder is a ball-and-socket joint surrounded by a group of four muscles. This structure is critical for stabilizing the upper arm and shoulder and is referred to as the rotator cuff.
Tears of the rotator cuff are a common cause of shoulder pain. Damage to the rotator cuff are often a result of trauma to the shoulder, such as with a sports injury or vehicle accident, or caused by wear and tear that occurs over time.
A rotator cuff tear can range in severity. The most common indication of a torn rotator cuff is pain or weakness felt in the shoulder, especially when lifting or rotating your arm.
Our doctors at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster take many aspects of your health into consideration as they develop your treatment plan. Most often, a nonsurgical approach can be successful. If surgical repair is necessary, our on-site surgery centers offer state-of-the-art technology that provide less invasive procedures and faster recovery times.
- Shoulder pain that is often localized over the deltoid muscle or outer shoulder
- Pain that is often worse at night or when lifting your arms overhead
- Weakness with use of shoulder
- Muscle wasting in the affected area
- Overuse of the shoulder caused by repetitive functions often associated with sports or some occupations
- Trauma to the shoulder such as a sports injury, vehicle accident, or fall
- Participating in sports with throwing or overhead lifting such as baseball, tennis, or weightlifting
- Occupations where repetitive tasks engaging the shoulder are necessary such as construction fields
- High cholesterol
- Excess weight
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.