Many people experience some form of neck pain. Neck pain can be caused by many things ranging from arthritis to degenerative disc disease or injuries such as whiplash.
The neck, or cervical region, contains a complex collection of bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves, blood vessels, and spinal cord. Understanding the cause of your neck pain is necessary to develop a treatment plan that can effectively relieve pain and regain function.
For many, neck pain can be managed without surgical repair. Our on-site team of neck and back specialists will work with you to understand your neck pain and design a customized plan to help alleviate your pain. Learn more about neck pain treatment at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster.
- Pain or stiffness in the neck
- Pain with rotation, bending, or extending of the neck
- Pain can radiate into the shoulders and arms
- Limited range of motion in the neck
- Knots in the muscles of the neck and upper back
- If neck pain is related to herniated discs or pinched nerves, numbness or tingling in the fingers or arm may occur. Weakness in the arm can occur if a pinched nerve is severe.
- Trauma to the neck, such as during a fall or vehicle accident. This may result in bone fractures, whiplash, or disc herniation.
- Arthritis in the joints between the vertebra
- Degenerative disc disease
- Muscle spasms
- Nerve root impingement or pinched nerves
- Development of age-related conditions such as degenerative disc disease or arthritis over time.
- Inflammatory arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, or lupus
- Trauma to the neck such as from a fall or vehicle accident
- Evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon or interventional physiatrist (nonsurgical neck pain specialist)
- Description of your symptoms and medical history
- X-ray to show arthritis, potential broken bones or fractures
- MRI or CT scan to show potential soft tissue damage
- Electromyography nerve studies to identify potential nerve and muscle damage
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- Excellent experience!! I really feel like I am in great hands!! Thank you!!
- I have had very good experiences with OAL they diagnosed the problem and moved forward with a total hip replacement.Thank youu for helping me get around easier, I would recommend this practice for people in need of orthopedic problems!