Degenerative Disc Disease
Your back will show signs of wear and tear as you age. Over time, spinal discs may deteriorate or become damaged. This condition is known as degenerative disc disease, a progressive deterioration of the spinal discs and joints of the spine. Sometimes this issue can be a cause of pain. Degenerative disc disease may also contribute to the formation of bone spurs and a narrowing of the spinal canal that can lead to spinal stenosis. For some, degenerative disc disease pain can be manageable, and for others it is debilitating. Our team of neck and back specialists will help you understand the cause of your back pain and develop a treatment plan you are comfortable with.
- Back or neck pain that may develop into pain, numbness, or tingling extending into your leg, buttocks, shoulders, arms, or hands
- Pain that increases with movement
- Pain that improves with position changes
- Stiffness or limited range of motion
- Injury to the back – these can affect disc health over time
- Loss of fluid in the discs over time
- Breakdown of cartilage in the spine over time
- Disc herniation
- Excess weight
- Occupations that require repetitive or heavy lifting
- Injury to the back
- Improper posture
- Family history of back problems
- Lack of exercise
- Excess weight
- The office staff were very helpful while you were there for your appointment. I have been a patient of OAL for over 40 years and that speaks for itself.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- I had my left shoulder worked on and the surgery was very successful. I do not have any limitations or pain now. I would use this group again for any orthopedic issue I may have in the future, because they CARE about your success.