Degenerative Disc Disease
Your back will show signs of wear and tear as you age. Over time, spinal discs may deteriorate or become damaged. This condition is known as degenerative disc disease, a progressive deterioration of the spinal discs and joints of the spine. Sometimes this issue can be a cause of pain. Degenerative disc disease may also contribute to the formation of bone spurs and a narrowing of the spinal canal that can lead to spinal stenosis. For some, degenerative disc disease pain can be manageable, and for others it is debilitating. Our team of neck and back specialists will help you understand the cause of your back pain and develop a treatment plan you are comfortable with.
- Back or neck pain that may develop into pain, numbness, or tingling extending into your leg, buttocks, shoulders, arms, or hands
- Pain that increases with movement
- Pain that improves with position changes
- Stiffness or limited range of motion
- Injury to the back – these can affect disc health over time
- Loss of fluid in the discs over time
- Breakdown of cartilage in the spine over time
- Disc herniation
- Excess weight
- Occupations that require repetitive or heavy lifting
- Injury to the back
- Improper posture
- Family history of back problems
- Lack of exercise
- Excess weight
- Despite having to visit Urgent Care, I was most impressed with the quality of service, professionalism and utmost dedication to giving expert advice and treatment by all the staff.
- I was seen by Dr. Luchetti and he was great! It was easy to make a timely appointment and his tech was fun to chat with while I had the injection in my thumb! Loved the office at Spooky Nook. There was allot of parking and the office was marked well and made finding it easy! I would refer anyone there!
- Every time I’ve used of Orthopedic Associates I’ve been very pleased with the service I receive. From the receptionist, nurses, doctors and therapists, everything is professional and very sympathetic to the discomfort that you happen to be in so I gave them five stars!
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.
- All staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Hyatt was thorough, did not rush through the appointment and answered all of our questions.