If you feel numbness, tingling, weakness, or tightness in your hand or fingers you may be experiencing symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most common problems affecting the hands. CTS occurs when the carpal tunnel becomes narrow or when tissues surrounding the tendon swell, placing pressure on the median nerve. Pain and symptoms can become worse over time, which makes early carpal tunnel syndrome treatment important.
Carpal tunnel syndrome treatment typically includes braces, injections, or surgery. Our orthopedic doctors can evaluate even mild cases. Schedule an evaluation to help determine early diagnosis.
- Numbness, tingling, burning, and pain primarily in the thumb, index finger, middle, and ring fingers. Painful tingling may cause sleep disturbance.
- A sense that fingers are swollen even though there is little to no swelling visible
- Weakness and clumsiness in the hands with a decreased ability to squeeze. Dropping items due to weakness or numbness may be an indication.
- Certain prolonged wrist positions
- Repeated use of vibrating tools
- Swelling or inflammation of the tendons
- A result of trauma or injury
- Other medical conditions including diabetes and inflammatory and degenerative diseases
- Repetitive use
- Hand and wrist position during activities
- Other medical conditions including diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, or thyroid gland imbalance
- Physical examination to evaluate condition of the hand, wrist, and arm
- Electrophysiological testing to evaluate condition of the nerves
- Universal welcoming attitude, listened to my wants and needs, efficient without hurrying, prompt exit processing.
- Dr Stabile and her team were magical! I am pain free, and extremely happy I am in her care.
- I could not have asked for better service, promptness and satisfaction with the treatment ordered. Thank you very much!
- They were wonderful, I was seen right away. I was treated with kindness and compassion from everyone from beginning to end, from check-in, X-ray, check-out.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.