Your back takes a lot of wear and tear over time. Days spent sitting, poor posture, heavy lifting, sports injuries, and even pregnancy all contribute to the stress onyour back. In fact, back pain is one of the most common reasons individuals see a doctor and is the leading cause of disability in the world. Almost everyone will experience some type of back pain in their life. Because your spine is so important to the structure of your back,even minor damage can result in serious pain often accompanied by limited mobility.
For many, back pain can be prevented oreffectively managedby incorporating regular exercise to increase abdominal and back muscle strength and flexibility inthehips and upper legs. Our team of physical therapists can work with you to determine a plan that is ideal for your lifestyle.
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that shoots down the leg
- Muscles aches
- Pain that increases with bending, lifting, standing, twisting, or walking
- Pain that may decrease with changes in position
- Excess weight
- Lack of exercise
- Improper body mechanics or lifting techniques
- Poor posture when sitting or standing
- Evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon or interventional pain specialist
- Description of your symptoms and medical history
- X-ray to show potential broken bones, misalignment, or arthritis
- MRI or CT scan to show potential soft tissue damage or pinched nerves
- Electromyography nerve studies to identify potential nerve and muscle damage
- The OAL staff is always friendly and polite. Your diagnosis and treatment are explained in great in detail, so you truly understand what is going on. They also go above and beyond with insurance to get things preapproved, I would never go to another place.
- My doctor and staff took the time to explain the cause and treatment I would receive. Very professional!
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!
- I was amazed at the speed in which my daughter was seen by a doctor at urgent care. I just assumed it would be at least a 30 minute wait. Instead, we were in and out in 30 minutes!
- #1 in my book! This team replaced my right knee, and are now in the prep stages to replace the left one. One stop shopping as far as diagnosis, actual surgery at Lancaster General, along with rehab. The surgery team is great, and the rehab team very easy to work with and very thorough.