The Arthritis Foundation estimates that 1 in every 5 adults is living with arthritis. Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis. Overtime, the cartilage that cushions your joints breaks down and wears away, resulting in a painful rubbing of bone against bone. If you feel pain, swelling, stiffness, and loss of mobility– particularly after long periods of rest or long periods of activity–you may be experiencing the first signs of arthritis.
Several factors can contribute to the development of arthritis including age, excessive weight, injury such as fractures or surgeries, repetitive movement such as typing on a computer or mechanical work, and genetics.
Arthritis can occur in the hands, knees, hips, shoulders and spine. Typical treatments include exercise and physical therapy, pain medication, and surgical repair in severe instances.
Our team of orthopedic surgeons can help you to develop a plan for pain management and increased mobility. Contact us to schedule your visit.
- Joint pain described as deep and aching. Pain may increase when you move and improve when you are resting
- Stiffness in the morning, or after sitting for long periods of time
- Joint swelling
- Muscle weakness
- Growth of visible bony knobs near joints
- Excessive weight
- Previous joint injuries
- Previous surgeries
- Long-term engagement in activities that require repetitive motion
- Previous joint injuries
- History of inflammatory joint disease
- Repetitive use of the joint
- I knew I dislocated my finger when it was sticking out at a 45° angle from my hand. I thought I got it back into place, but was very grateful to have OAL‘s urgent care facility to go to to confirm. X-rays confirmed that it was still out of place and that there was also a fracture. I was then scheduled for an appointment with the hand specialist Dr. Griska five days later. I love having the option of an urgent care with orthopedic staff. Thank you OAL!
- Great experience at Orthopedic Urgent Care at OAL Lancaster. Friendly and efficient receptionist, assistant and x-ray tech. Scott, the PA-C was phenomenal. Very personable, caring and knowledgeable. Diagnosed, gave thorough explanations and treated my condition promptly and effectively.
- A very professional organization, with a relaxed and friendly staff.
- I was seen promptly for my initial consultation. The staff and Dr. Sieger were friendly and professional, excellent communication! I’m planning to have Dr. Sieger to do my carpal tunnel surgery in the near future.
- Absolutely amazing such nice doctors and nurses went out of there way for me highly recommend them! Thank you to all you helped me!